Week of May 7th races

Discuss dirt racing throughout Iowa.

Week of May 7th races

Postby Speedbump » March 12th, 2018, 12:35 pm

I know it is a little early but does anyone know of any specials the week of May 7-12?

I got weekly shows in Osky on May 9th and Knoxville on the 12th already penciled in, what other options do I have? I will be near Des Moines most of the time but might be able to skip out early enough on Fri the 12th to hit something in Eastern Iowa.
Spent the last year Rocky Mountain Way...
Speedbump

Re: Week of May 7th races

Postby jt12racn » March 12th, 2018, 1:34 pm

Check out Positively Racing's calendar. That is what i use.
jt12racn

Postby Mackey » March 12th, 2018, 4:07 pm

Bump,

Perfect weekend for you to be home Modified Super Weekend Farley Speedway $50,000 to Win

The very best Modifieds in the country will be there looking to collect the 50K Strickler, Marriott, Scott, Thornton, Grabouski, Lacrosse, Shryock, Wolla the list goes on and on.

Practice Thursday, May 10 Qualifying Friday, May 11 Championship night Saturday, May 12 Mods and Sportmods

Farley Speedway
Farley, Iowa the one and only "Palace of Speed" check us out www.farleyspeedwaypromotions.com
Mackey

Postby foxman1987 » March 12th, 2018, 10:24 pm

Speedbump wrote:I know it is a little early but does anyone know of any specials the week of May 7-12?

I got weekly shows in Osky on May 9th and Knoxville on the 12th already penciled in, what other options do I have? I will be near Des Moines most of the time but might be able to skip out early enough on Fri the 12th to hit something in Eastern Iowa.

Marshalltown has the Dale DeFrance Memorial Thursday Night Thunder Special on May 10th
foxman1987

Postby wantyourhelmetback » March 13th, 2018, 9:48 am

Sounds like you may need to ask for more time off.
wantyourhelmetback
Site Admin

Postby Speedbump » March 13th, 2018, 5:08 pm

That's the beauty of it WYHB, it's not vacation....I am travelling on the company dime. Training in Pella on Tues/Weds and in our Des Moines office on Thurs/Fri. It just is just a coincidence that my flight out is not until Sunday morning. ;)

What is the Dale DeFrance Memorial? What classes are running? I can easily make it from our office to M'town on Thursday and I have not been there before.

Jerry, I am not sure if I can make it to Farley from Des Moines on Friday but maybe. What is the old saying? "You can't go home again"? I suspect that might be extra true given how much has changed since I left there at the end of 2007. I have lots of great memories from that place but you might be the only person still left that I recognize! I ain't saying no, weather will most likely dictate where I end up.

Thanks for the Positively Racing tip, I forgot that Jeff puts together that fine list of specials. Hopefully other tracks send him more info between now and then....there has to be more tracks running on Friday May 11
Speedbump

Postby cjsracing » March 13th, 2018, 7:43 pm

Speedbump wrote:What is the Dale DeFrance Memorial? What classes are running? I can easily make it from our office to M'town on Thursday and I have not been there before.

The Dale DeFrance Memorial is a memorial race honoring Dale Defrance (Darrell's dad) who passed away last year. It will be IMCA Late Models, Modifieds, Stock Cars, Sport Mods, Hobby Stocks, and Mod Lites.
cjsracing

Postby J20in1st » March 13th, 2018, 8:02 pm

Look at FALS for the 12th
J20in1st

Postby Speedbump » March 13th, 2018, 8:48 pm

Fals is too far but limited LM(IMCA) is better than sitting in a motel room waiting for real race cars to take the track
Speedbump

Postby J20in1st » March 13th, 2018, 11:44 pm

Speedbump wrote:Fals is too far but limited LM(IMCA) is better than sitting in a motel room waiting for real race cars to take the track

Never heard of such a word when chasing races!
J20in1st

Next

Return to Iowa Dirt Racing