Interesting series on the future of IndyCar

Interesting series on the future of IndyCar

Postby Speedbump » February 12th, 2015, 10:34 am

Racer magazine recently asked a diverse group of those close to IndyCar to look into the future and try to figure out how to "fix" the series by 2018. There are a lot of great ideas and theories contained in the 12 or so opinion articles, some or most of which I believe might apply (some I think are complete garbage) to our favorite form of motorsports, the weekly show. Both IndyCar and weekly racing has seen a major decline in attendance and participation during the last 10 or so years, so if you got a few minutes to spare, you might find the following worth reading.

I have linked to one particular article but the rest of the opinions can be found at the end of the article. Everyone from the oldest living Indy 500 winner Bobby Unser to Randy Bernard, the genius who built professional bullriding up from nothing and had IndyCar on the right path until being forced out by car owners who thought they knew more than him.

http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/11323 ... am-manager
Spent the last year Rocky Mountain Way...
Speedbump

Re: Interesting series on the future of IndyCar

Postby DPORT » February 18th, 2015, 10:00 am

Did you see the new body kit add ons for this year? Goes totally against the argument of more power and less downforce and makes the cars even uglier...
Jack Greene
Davenport, IA
DPORT

Postby Speedbump » February 19th, 2015, 8:51 pm

Yeah, IndyCar has yet to figure that out. (too many engineers and not enough fans have the ear of those who make those kind of decisions) I'd like to see tons of HP and trick aero kits for Indy time trials and that is it. Make a minimum ride height of 6" and leave the wick turned up for the race and everything else.
Spent the last year Rocky Mountain Way...
Speedbump

Postby DPORT » February 20th, 2015, 9:12 am

That might be a start. Would like to see Indy be a special again with special cars/rules etc.
Jack Greene
Davenport, IA
DPORT

Return to NASCAR/IRL/F1