Should Jeff Gordon be docked 25 points from Texas?

Should Jeff Gordon be docked 25 points from Texas?

Postby Bobby981 » November 3rd, 2014, 3:31 pm

Jeff Gordon on National live TV said "dips**t". 10 years ago, Dale Jr said "s**t" and was docked $10,000 and 25 points in the chase. More on the story.....

http://khak.com/gordon-keselowski-argument/

Bobby
Bobby981

Re: Should Jeff Gordon be docked 25 points from Texas?

Postby Speedbump » November 3rd, 2014, 3:57 pm

Hey, as far as modern day NASCAR fights.....this one was top of the list! When was the last time that blood was drawn in NASCAR? This one had not one but two fat bloody lips. Do we have to go all the way back to the famous 1979 Daytona 500 brawl to find such carnage....or was Donnie Allison the only one bloody then?

How about dotting the eye? When was the last fist induced shiner in Cup racing? Max Papis getting B'slapped by another driver's girlfriend does not count...must be driver V driver.
Spent the last year Rocky Mountain Way...
Speedbump

Postby Speedbump » November 3rd, 2014, 4:13 pm

But to answer your question....no Jeff Gordon should not be docked any points or cash for saying dip*&^% on live TV. It was wrong to penalize Junior then and it would be wrong to penalize Jeff now.

I ain't saying he shouldn't be talked to by NASCAR, Mr Hendrick and a few sponsor representitives, but the only thing he really owes anybody is an apology for cursing when kids or other easily offended creatures might have accidently overheard.
Spent the last year Rocky Mountain Way...
Speedbump

Postby wantyourhelmetback » November 3rd, 2014, 4:29 pm

If you;ve ever listened to MRN while a race is going, there is at least a 5 second lag between what is happening and when it's shown on TV. I'm guessing if ESPN didn't want it being heard, they had time to bleep it out. Don't know for sure, but I'm guessing the button exist.
wantyourhelmetback
Site Admin

Postby busch56 » November 3rd, 2014, 6:21 pm

they should park the 2 car if not he wont last 10 laps in Phoenix
busch56

Postby DPORT » November 4th, 2014, 4:43 pm

I don't think so. NA$CAR has made their bed with this manufactured drama saga and the infamous "boys have at it". Just think of the promotional mileage they'll get out of the last couple weeks "fights" for future seasons. Just my two cents but if Dale Earnhardt made the same move for position on Gordon it would he shrugged off as hard racing and nothing else. NA$CAR wants drivers to try and win the race and thats what Brad K tried to do...
Jack Greene
Davenport, IA
DPORT

Postby busch56 » November 4th, 2014, 5:41 pm

nascars problem is all this drama will go away in 2 weeks
busch56

Postby iowastockcars » November 4th, 2014, 8:43 pm

busch56 wrote:they should park the 2 car if not he wont last 10 laps in Phoenix

Why?? That would make no sense. He didn't throw punches since he is on probation. He went for the hole that was there on the track. He's not going to get wrecked because the others that are mad at him are all still in this and going for the championship. They won't risk their own chance for payback (yet).

I like how "Harvicking" is trending online since he pushed Brad to really get the fight started. All thanks to Dale Jr.

iowastockcars
Site Admin

Return to NASCAR/IRL/F1